HOUNSLOW & DISTRICT WHEELERS
( These General Rules, Racing & Record Rules & Regulations and Club Event Awards
where revised at the Annual General Meeting of January 2015 )
|That the club shall be called the HOUNSLOW AND DISTRICT WHEELERS and shall be affiliated to Cycling Time Trials, British Cycling and such bodies as the Club may from time to time determine at the Annual General Meeting.|
2. There are three Categories for Subscriptions as follows:- Category A 1st Claim Seniors, Category B Juniors (under 18), Senior Citizens (65 and over) Full Time Students and 2nd Claim Members, Category C Social Members. All subscriptions shall bedecided at the Annual General Meeting and will be displayed in the Club Magazine and on the Club Web Site.Members accepted between 1st July and 30th September shall pay half the rate for their first subscription. Members accepted after the 30th September shall have the privilege of membership up to the December of the following year. All first and second claim members shall affiliate to the BC, CTC or similar body for the purposes of Third Party Insurance, CTT insurance only operates when riding a time trial.
3. The management of the club shall be in the hands of the committee, consisting of all club officials, two committee members to be elected annually and whenever possible one to be a Junior. The Committee shall meet once a month, or as required, for the transaction of the Club’s business, six to form a quorum. Delegates to the affiliated bodies to be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
4. Application for membership shall be on the Club’s prescribed form obtainable from the Club Secretary or from the Club WebSite. When completed return the form to the Club Secretary for ratification at the next committee meeting.
5. Any member not paying their subscription by the 1st April and having been duly applied to for the same by the Treasurer, the committee is empowered to erase the names of such members from the Club register.
6. A member may apply for Life Membership after fifteen years Senior Membership at ten times the current rate of subscription.
7. The Committee shall have the power to expel any member from the Club for dishonourable conduct.
8 That the Annual General Meeting shall be held in January, at which a Statement of Account be presented and the President, Vice-Presidents, Chairperson and Officers be elected, President, Vice Presidents and current officers names shall be included on the AGM agenda. Notice of the Meeting is to be given by 10th of December. Items for the agenda and nominations for additional Vice-Presidents to reach the Club Secretary not less than 21 days before the date of such meeting. Election of additional Vice-Presidents to be determined by two-thirds majority for each nomination. Nominations for Honorary Membership to be approved by the AGM. The Treasurer shall furnish a Balance Sheet to be sent out with the AGM notice. The Financial Year shall end on the 31st October.
9. An Extraordinary Meeting may be called by the committee, or by any member who must be supported by at least six other members, the said member to give at least fourteen days to the Club Secretary prior to such meeting.
10. First claim and Social members only shall be entitled to vote. Second Claim and Honorary members may attend and speak at General Meetings
11. Retiring and serving officers shall, at the discretion of the committee, be offered Vice-Presidencies upon completion of seven years, in appreciation of such service.
12. The Treasurer shall present a Financial Statement at the monthly committee meeting.
13. That these rules shall not be rescinded or in any way altered or added to without the consent of a least two-thirds majority of the Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting called for this purpose.
14. That the committee shall have the power to make bye-laws and deal with disputed points not directly provided for in these rules.
15. Two Auditors shall be elected annually and shall not be members of the committee.
Racing & Record Rules & Regulations and Club Event Awards
|All events will, where applicable, be covered by Cycling Time Trials and British Cycling Rules and Regulations, with which competitors must comply. Where ‘his’ is shown it shall apply to both genders.|
2. Only first claim members are eligible for awards except for club events where second claim members may count.
3. The Time Trial Titles and Trophies shall be awarded to those members returning the fastest average speed in mph (CTT system) in recognised Open and Association events or in any duly authenticated rides on Club Courses (details of these rides are require for conformation, see claim form from the Race Secretary or from the Club Web Site). Where no gender is indicated it is an Open Championship, The Championships shall be on the following basis:
Seniors over 25, 50, 100 miles and 12 hours
Ladies over 10, 25 and 50 miles
Juniors over 2 X 25 miles and 2 x 10 miles
Juveniles over 2 X 10 miles and 1 X 25 miles
Veterans (40 years and over) BAR will the rider with greatest aggregated plus or smallest minus, based on the VTTA Standard Times and fixed distance introduced in January 2012 and revised January 2013; 10 miles multiplied by 2.5, 25 miles fixed, 50 miles divided by 2, and 100 miles divided by 4.
The runner-up in the in the Senior Championship shall be awarded a special medal
Club Events Championship awarded to the rider averaging the fastest speed in mph (CTT system) over two rides in Club 25 mile events (including the Inter-Club) and five rides in the evening 10 mile events.
The fastest Female shall be awarded a special medal.
4. A special award will be made to any Club Veteran who succeeds in beating 1 hour for 25 miles and or 2 hours for 50 miles for the first time ever.
5. Club Records by members 40 years of age or over shall be recognised in time trials of 10, 15, female only, 25, 30, 50, 100 miles 12 and 24 hours and shall be known as Veterans’ Records. Both actual and greatest plus rides (based on VTTA standards introduced January 2012, revised January 2013 at each distance to be recognised. That separate Club Records be recognised for male and female veterans.
6. Each season a medal will be presented to the fastest rider in each of the following categories Senior, Female, Junior, Juvenile, veterans both fastest and greatest plus on standard, Fastest Non Club Member achieved in the evening 10 mile events.
7. A special award shall be made to any first claim member who succeeds in breaking a National or Club Record in a Time Trial or Road Record Attempt. In the event of a Club Record being broken more than once, on the same day, all rides shall be recognised. Club Records may only be claimed by a First Claim Member in categories as defined by Racing Rule 12 and by their separate headings. Club Records will be recognised at all the agreed Time Trial Distances and Times, for Bicycles, Tricycles, Tandems for all male, all female and mixed crews. Tandem Tricycles one class only. Veterans’ Records will be recognised as per Racing Rule 5. Where a record is broken in another Club’s club event proof will be required, see claim form. Where no gender is shown, these records are open to all, except for age restrictions. All Club Record claims must be made on the claim form from the Race Secretary or from the Club Web Site, and should be made within 28 days and must be investigated and ratified by the Committee before being included in the Club Handbook and on the Club Web Site. The only records, other than Club Records, that shall be recognised and recorded in the Club Handbook and on the Club Web Site, should be those achieved by members in cycling associations to which the Club is directly affiliated.
8. NO MEMBER SHALL BE ALLOWED TO RACE, UNLESS THEIR ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION HAS BEEN PAID.
9. The Club Track Championships shall be decided on a points basis at a single track meeting organised for this purpose. The ladies Championship to be incorporated with the Juniors. Points to be allocated shall be 3,2,1 for the first three of each of the following events:
The Junior Championship 200 metres time trial / Four lap pursuit / One lap scratch / Seven lap points race
The Senior Championship 1 km time trial / Elimination Race / Nine lap pursuit
15 lap points race, with points 3, 2, 1 every 3 laps and double points for the last lap.
Track Records are recognised at various distances both outdoor and indoor, both athletes and aero, see Club Records and Track Record Claim Form from the Race Secretary or from the Club Web Site, distances may be added with permission of the Committee.
10. The Road Race Championship will be awarded to the rider gaining the most number of points in Open Scratch or Handicapped Road or Circuit Races on the same basis as the BC points system. All claimants must supply full details of the event and number of points gained for each race submitted. For points scoring system see current BC handbook.
11. A novice is a rider in his first year of racing and records the fastest novices time in a 25 mile time trial.
12. A Juvenile is one who has not attained the age of sixteen on the day of the race.
A Junior is from his sixteenth birthday and until 31st December of the year in which his 18th birthday occurs.
A Senior is one who passed his 18th birthday before the 1st January but under forty on the day of the event.
A Veteran is one who is forty years of age or over.
13. Only events held on or before 31st October to count for Club awards.
14. All claims for Club awards to be notified to the Racing Secretary within 14 days of the above date. Details of Private Time Trials in other Club’s Promotions should be made on the appropriate form available from the Racing Secretary or from the Club Web Site.
15. All the Club trophies shall be perpetual.
Club Event Awards
The Scale of awards for Club Events shall be as follows:
Club Events (not including the Evening ‘10’ Series, see Racing Rule 6)
Up to Ten entries – 1st Place and 1st Handicap
Up to Twenty entries – 1st and 2nd place and 1st and second handicap
Over Twenty entries – 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and 1st, 2nd and 3rd handicap
Award to the Fastest Veteran on Standard (VTTA scales).
Award to the Fastest Lady.
The Hill Climb shall be a Scratch Event only.
These awards are for Club Members only.